- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Our Technologies
- Our Results
- Contact Us
Your New Career Starts Here
The decision to start with a new company is a serious one. We want to thank you for considering MicroLink as one of your choices. Below is the current list of job openings available at MicroLink. We look forward to speaking with you.
Don’t see the position you are looking for? Submit your resume here.
- IT Associate (Ref. #4403)
Vienna, VAMicroLink is currently looking for Junior Developers to join our Microsoft or Knowledge Management Practices based in our Vienna, VA headquarters.
Candidates will have the following skills:
-1+ years of experience developing in .net or Java
-College Degree preferably in Computer Science
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Willingness to travel
-US Citizen with abililty to obtain a clearance
*Candidates will be trained in SharePoint (.net background) or Autonomy (java background).
- Account Manager – DoD (Ref. #4530)
Vienna, VAMicroLink is currently looking for an Account Manager who has experience selling into DoD accounts. This person will have experience selling advanced solutions in the information technology field and will be responsible for capturing new business within the DoD community as well as upselling and maintenance of current business. Preferred experience will be in Account Management, Pre-Sales or Inside Sales in Information Technology selling services and solutions. Must have experience selling in to DoD customers. Must have excellent interpersonal and writing skills. MicroLink offers a competitive base salary and commission plan.
- Sr. SharePoint Developer (Ref. #4471)
MicroLink is seeking experienced SharePoint configuration and development resources to design, develop and implement enterprise portal solutions within our Microsoft Practice. MicroLink is a Microsoft Gold Partner and winner of Microsoft’s Federal Partner of the Year, DoD Partner of the Year, and Repeatable Solutions Provider of the Year awards.
Candidate must possess the following:
- 7+ years experience in design, development and maintenance of web sites for large clients with high volume access
- Extensive client facing consulting experience with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Intermediate to extensive knowledge of SharePoint Portal Server (SPS)
- Experience customizing SharePoint site templates, style sheets and interfaces
- Experience in the implementation of SharePoint Collaboration tools (forums/issues lists. etc.) and ability to seamlessly integrate with other Microsoft tools.
-Experience developing solutions for Microsoft .Net platform using SPS
-Extensive Web development programming experience on MS platform using HTML, DHTML, Java script, XML/XSL
- Programming experience with C# .Net using the SharePoint and SharePoint.Portal Object Models to extend and integrate solutions.
- SharePoint-specific required skills:
-Web Part development
-Customizing Web Parts and Web Part Pages
Desired education: Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years experience in web development experience with client side and server side languages.
- SharePoint Engineer (Ref. #4640)
Vienna, VASharePoint Engineer
MicroLink LLC, an HP Autonomy Company, and Microsoft Gold Partner is seeking to fill several spots with varying experience levels on its SharePoint Engineering and Architecture teams. Our SharePoint teams are composed of engineers with the ability to coax the most out of Microsoft’s premier platform.
Our SharePoint Engineers take on a variety of duties for our clients in the SharePoint space, from administration to architecture to end user support and everything in between. For example we may be called upon to use SharePoint 2010/2013 browser based Out-Of-Box (OOB) functionality to create a composite application on one project and then work with our SharePoint Developers to implement a coded solution on the next. Our expert engineers are often called upon for consulting and direct customer support with topics that can range from governance, taxonomy, business process improvement, or other areas of that engineer’s expertise.
” We are trusted consultants that can help our customers get the most out of their Microsoft investment.
” We are problem solvers who love puzzling out solutions with the tools our customers have available.
” We are active in the SharePoint community and love talking to people about the value of collaboration.
” We love to learn and strive to learn new technologies every day.
” And if this sounds like you then we want to talk about you joining our team.
” Strong communication skills
” The ability to function in multiple teams and projects
” BS plus three to four (3-4) years of SharePoint experience or six to seven (6-7) years of SharePoint experience with no degree (More experience will be taken into consideration)
” The ability to use SharePoint 2010/2013 browser based Out-Of-Box (OOB) functionality to create and automate business solutions for our customers
” SharePoint Designer workflows (experience with other workflow tools such as K2 or Nintex is helpful)
” 1+ years working with SharePoint Designer
” 1+ years working with InfoPath forms
Beneficial but Not Required Skills:
” Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
” Experience with Direct customer support or Consulting
” SharePoint 2010 or 2013 Certifications
” JAVA, XML, XSLT
” PerformancePoint or SRSS Integrated Reporting
” PowerShell scripting
” Visual Studio experience-Web Part development
” Project Server experience
” Records Management experience
- Software Engineer (Ref. #4639)
Vienna, VASoftware Engineer-Information Discovery Team. Works with multiple Autonomy products including Autonomy’s Enterprise Search products and all IDOL Server components, Connectors (File System, HTTP, ODBC, Oracle, Exchange, SharePoint, etc).
Responsibilities include installation and configuration of the Autonomy software as well as testing. Position will be supporting an NGA project, loading, configuring and monitoring the Autonomy servers and aggregating millions of geospatially tagged documents to enable faceted search across multiple repositories. Responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting the ingest pipeline to ensure uninterrupted indexing.
Responsible for entering Remedy tickets and for interacting with the ITC hosting (Manages physical servers and the physical Oracle database). Tier 2 / Tier 3 Support for Autonomy enterprise search. Tier 1 UI Troubleshooting to include Discuss issues with users, understand the issues and recreate in production environment. Document bugs and recreation steps to turn over to development team.
Skills Required: Oracle or SQL, strong troubleshooting skills, Customer facing, Familiarity with XSLT, Familiarity with any scripting language, Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM development methodology
Optional Skills but not required: Weblogic, prior experience with Geospatial/GIS software a plus, Windows 2003/08 experience a plus. MOSS 07/2010 a plus
Clearance needed: NGA TS/SCI with CI poly
Work Location: Ft Belvoir
- SharePoint Engineer (Ref. #4634)
Vienna, VA– Engineers focus on the ability to use SharePoint 2010/2013 browser based Out-Of-Box (OOB) functionality to create and automate business solutions for our customers.
- Engineers often utilize tools such as SharePoint Designer workflows, InfoPath forms, scripting and a variety of 3rd party software.
- Often for more advanced solutions our engineers will coordinate with SharePoint Developers to implement custom coded solutions to the environments we support.
- Our engineers can also expect to engage in a variety of tasks that can include direct customer support and helping customers with power user activities, such as permissions and library management.
- MicroLink’s SharePoint engineers can also be called upon for consulting with customers on governance, taxonomy, business process improvement, or other areas of that engineer’s expertise.
At least one year supporting SharePoint 2007/2010 for end users.
Strong communications skills
1+ years working with SharePoint Designer
1+ years working with InfoPath forms
Bachelors Degree highly preferred
- Sr. SharePoint Consultant (Ref. #4611)
Vienna, VAMicroLink is currently looking for a Sr. SharePoint Consultant to join our Information Management practice.
Map customer business problems and solutions to end-to-end technical solutions. Oversee delivery of complex and strategic projects. In-depth architecture specialties may include platform services, social computing, enterprise portals, web content management, and enterprise search solutions built on-top of SharePoint 2007/2010.
” Work with Solution Architects, Business Analysts, and client stakeholders to understand client objectives, requirements, and a solution strategy; specifically mapping solution strategies from requirements, design and implementation to final delivery; articulating solution risks and barriers; recommending project approaches; preparing level of effort estimates; planning project full lifecycle
” Propose technical enterprise architecture whose framework is used to manage and align an organization’s Information Technology (IT) assets, people, operations, and projects with its operational characteristics. In other words, define how information and technology will support the business operations and provide benefit for the business.
” Team lead in architectural design, implementation, custom designs, prototypes, data migration; maintaining technical integrity; documentation, and troubleshooting; deployment
” Participate in scoping and writing technical proposals
” Increase organizational effectiveness by identifying opportunities and leveraging like solutions on other engagements
“” Mentor to junior staff
” Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
” At least 10 years relevant working experience including expertise in enterprise architecture with consulting skills such as providing and defending architectural designs, implementation, and deployment.
” Solid understanding of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS), SharePoint 2010, and Windows SharePoint Services technology platform. Good understanding of infrastructure and architecture. Understanding of related products such as Project server, Forms server, InfoPath, SQL Server, ISA Server, Exchange Server etc. would be plus.
- Project Administrator (Ref. #4624)
Vienna, VAMicroLink is looking for a Project Administrator to support a $7M program with Northrop Grumman. This person will be responsible for providing support to a group of students ranging in size from 50 – 150. These “students” are part of the military forces from another country where French is the main spoken language. These students are coming to the US for technical training on military systems provided by Northrop Grumman. MicroLink is responsible for student support. We coordinate housing, transportation (to and from the training facility), catered meals, cultural events, medical and dental insurance for students ranging in age from 24 – 49 and up to the Colonel ranking. Some specific duties include:
” Event management including planning and researching of events, coordinating transportation and coordinating meals
” Event chaperone (will be paid in addition to regular salary – 1 weekend day a month)
” Generating reports on weekly activities
” Coordinating departures and arrivals of students with vendors and Northrop PM
” Vendor invoice collection
” Vendor interface for daily changes/issues in meals, transportation, events and housing
” Student interface: Interface between students, Northrop PM, MicroLink and Vendors (must speak and write French)
” Budget tracking
- Business Analyst (Ref. #4613)
Vienna, VAMicroLink is currently looking for a Sr. Business Analyst to join our Information Management team. This qualified candidate will be responsible for the following:
-Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts: Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document) and Technical Design Specifications
-Work with project stakeholders to translate their functional requirements into technical requirements that developers can understand as well as to translate the resulting questions that the developers have into something the stakeholders can understand
-Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
-Work with the Customer Relationship Manager to liaison between the business units, technology teams and support team
-Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
-Research and review information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, develop business process understanding, and work with customers to uncover unmet business needs
All candidates must be US Citizens and have the ability to successfully pass a background investigation. Candidates must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
Must be able to work in Washington, DC
- Java Developer (Ref. #4601)
Vienna, VAJava Developer
Experience with Autonomy, K2, Convera, Microsoft FAST, and/or Lucene would be ideal, but not required.
Java 3+ (J2EE, JSP, Servlet)
Database/DBMS 3+ (Oracle, SQL Server, MySql)
Java Framework 2+ (Struts, Spring, Hibernate)
Web Services (Axis2, SOAP, XSLT, REST)
Unit Testing (JUnit)
- .Net Developer (Ref. #4610)
Vienna, VAMicroLink is currently looking for a .Net Developer to work in our Information Management practice. This person will be working in an environment that is migrating from .NET 1.1 & VB 6 to .NET 4.0.
Qualified candidates will be able to:
Understand how to interpret VB 6 source code as logic and write C# code with similar functionality. Understand client side functionality, so they will need someone that can
Knowledge of Oracle to have the ability to write stored procedures (will receive assistance from in house Oracle DBAs)
All candidates must be US Citizens and have the ability to successfully pass a background investigation.
- Cognos Developer (Ref. #4630)
Vienna, VAMicroLink, LLC is looking for an experienced person in Cognos who has the following qualifications:
- Must possess a strong knowledge of IBM Cognos BI stack 10, especially Report Studio, Transformer cubes and Cognos Admin.
- Must be comfortable creating and maintaining existing dashboards.
- SQL Server 2012 database administrator and developer basic skills are a plus (performance tuning, querying, creating SSIS packages, etc.).
- Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and some entry-level exposure to SharePoint / SalesForce are a plus.
- Ability to do reporting, modeling, analytics, data testing and data integrity verification.
- Capable to translate business requirements into technical requirements, prioritize client needs, gather and create requirements documentation.
- Good communication and client-facing skills
- Be able to work with a geographically disbursed team
- SharePoint Engineer (Ref. #4627)
Vienna, VAMicroLink is currently looking for a Software Engineer to work for our customer on site at the Pentagon. This person must have strong database development and systems engineering experience.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- SharePoint support, create new workspace, provide access to sites, color code calendars based on the user who created calendar items, etc.
- Access applications support (linked to SQL database), fields renames, change dropdown lists values, map existing data to the new values of the dropdown lists, convert textboxes to dropdown lists, edit/delete records, debug access application error
Microsoft Access, SQL Server, SharePoint 2010 adminstration skills, SharePoint workflow, and the ability to customize Web Parts.
- Principal Engineer (Ref. #4473)
Vienna, VAMicroLink, LLC is currently looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Information Discovery practice. The Principal Engineer will be responsible for: implementing customer infrastructure; setup/administration for Autonomy and implement fetches; overall architecture of IDOL fetches and group servers; designing IDOL database schema and distribution; utilizing Java/J2EE experience to integrate into the customer environments; developing software and performing system engineering tasks on Autonomy portals and applications such as search, profiling, clustering, guided navigation, taxonomies, and geospacial interfaces.
Qualified candidates will have:
-BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
-4 years experience as a Principal Engineer or in Software Design and Development
-Experience in Enterprise Search Technology using software packages such as Verity, Ultra Seek and Autonomy IDOL 5.x and 7.x
-Experience in Java/J2EE, XML and Web Services
-Knowledge of Oracle and MS Access
This position is located out of Vienna, VA
Candidates will be expected to travel to customer sites
- System Engineer (Ref. #4564)
Vienna, VAMicroLink is currently looking for System Engineers who have experience with network configuration, design and installation; configuration and installation of windows server and/or unix ; experience with testing of networks and network optimization. Will receive training in Autonomy products and will be responsible for the installation, design and configuration of Autonomy software systems, testing systems, and loading and configuring servers.
- SQL Server DBA (Ref. #4637)
Vienna, VAResponsibilities include the following:
1. Onsite DBA with deep knowledge and experience in SQL Server
2. Assess the current DB environment and practices and suggest changes / improvements
3. Develop DB related recommendations for OFS IT leadership
4. Formulate DB related requirements for OFS that can be communicated to the central Treasury IT organization
5. Provide support and guidance to the DB developers and to the DB operations teams
6. Conduct peer reviews on database and database solutions developed by the various project teams
7. Review capacity and performance plans for input to IT leadership for planning
8. Assess DB related security and permissions issues
9. Help establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)for DB design, development and operations
10. Design and document database architecture
11. Support the Business Intelligence platform
12. Build database schema, tables, procedures and permissions
13. Set up data sharing and disk partitioning
14. Develop database utilities and automated reporting
15. Create shell scripts for task automation
16. Sustain capacity and performance requirements
17. Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
18. Monitor systems and platforms for availability
19. Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover for DB’s
20. Restore and recover corrupted databases
21. Install and test upgrades and patches for DB’s
22. Implement security and encryption for DB’s
23. Support (Periodic and Scheduled) for non-business-hour shift rotation
24. Identify risks and issues surrounding the OFS IT infrastructure and operating environment while developing and executing mitigation plans and resolutions
A fitting candidate must possess the following skills and experience:
1. At least (5) years of hands-on experience with all aspects of maintaining a SQL 2005/2008 environment
2. Hands-on experience working with MS Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 OS
3. Knowledge of applying and troubleshooting OS/application patches and updates (nice to have)
4. Demonstrated ability to analyze logs for troubleshooting purposes
o Server event/application logs
o Resource monitoring
5. Fluency with PowerShell scripting for Windows
6. Solid understanding of core Microsoft technologies including:
o Clustering and backups/restores
o Knowledge of DNS and DHCP
o IIS 6/7.0
7. Documentation tools such as MS Visio and PowerPoint
8. Team player with good communication skills
9. Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor junior staff
10. Certification in MS Databases and any related MS or non-MS certifications
Desirable skills and experience include:
1. BS degree
2. SharePoint 2007/2010
3. MS Office 2007/2010, especially with MS Excel 2007/2010
4. Active Directory, group policy management and troubleshooting group policy conflicts
5. Experience in liaison role between decentralized IT and central IT functions
- Business Analyst (Ref. #4629)
Vienna, VAStrong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Ability to perform in Agile and Waterfall SDLC projects.
Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, process and scenario descriptions, business analysis, task and/or workflow analysis.
Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests or ‘nice-to-have’ features from essential features (those business requests that address the minimally viable product).
Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and deliver the necessary artifacts as needed, including:
- Business Objectives
- Functional Requirements
- Non-Functional Requirements
- Use Cases, User Stories, BRD, Test Cases/Results, ConOps and other documents as required.
Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
Ability to isolate areas of contention, and effectively address.
Ensure requirements are successfully implemented, including participating and/or leading integration testing and other validation functions. Establish and facilitate User Acceptance Testing.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.”